Family Day (Virtual)
SATURDAY, February 20, 2021
Join us for our first-ever Virtual Family Day on Saturday, February 20! Enjoy a day of quality fun at home inspired by the museum’s exhibitions. View videos of family tours, storytellers, dancers, and musical performances. Create art projects with simple materials at home or with a free art kit, available for pick up on a first-come, first-served basis until they run out. Event sponsored by AdventHealth.
This year, we will celebrate the love of art and artists in the Voices & Conversations exhibition. Enjoy quality fun at home inspired by Black History Month and American Heart Month. View family-friendly videos of art activities, music, storytellers, and dancers. See the entertainment options below.
Videos will be released on February 20 and will be available to view through February 28.
• Nick Cave Soundsuit guided looking and poetry activity with Shawn Welcome
• Aquanza Cadogan reading I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes, illustrated by Gordon C. James
• Crystal Sullivan reading Parker Looks Up by Parker Curry & Jessica Curry, illustrated by Brittany Jackson
• Drumlines of America
• Violinist Jasmin Rhia
• Art activities presented by Jaison Radcliff
• Family Yoga in the Gallery with Michon McKay
• Dance performances by DGBEK Studios
• Dance performance by Orlando Ballet School
• Artist messages from Therman Statom and JEFRË
Create art projects with simple materials at home or with a free art kit, available for pick up on a first-come, first-served basis until they run out. Art kits will be available for curbside pick-up at the museum starting Saturday, February 13 through Saturday, February 20 from noon to 2:00 p.m. each day. Register to pick up your art kit by selecting the Art Kit ticket add-on at checkout. Art kits are limited to 4 kits per family.
If you are unable to come to the museum to pick up an art kit, that’s OK! You can print out the OMA Virtual Family Day coloring pages by clicking the link below.
Download OMA Virtual Family Day coloring pages HERE »
On Virtual Family Day, view the video with art teacher Mr. Jai to create your own Sound Dancer by using simple materials at home.
- Colored pencils, crayons, and/or markers
- Glue Stick
- Embellishments such as string, stickers, pom poms, sequins, etc.
Have fun creating and dancing!
Questions? Contact our Education Department at 407.896.4231 ext. 262 or at email@example.com.
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS: