Starts February 1, 2020 @ 11:00am , Ends February 1, 2020 @ 2:00pm
SATURDAY, February 1, 2020 / 11am-2pm
Join us as we celebrate the art of the Highwaymen! This FREE Family Day features hands-on art and gallery activities, storytelling, music, dancing, and more! Come meet several of the Highwaymen artists Al Black and Kelvin Hair, hear their stories, and watch as they demonstrate their painting techniques.
Special performances + offerings!
- Storytelling with Mr. Bill
- Endangered species parades with IBEX Puppetry
- Dances by DGBEK Studios
- Violinist Jasmin Rhia
- Harpist Sheri Myers
- Drumlines of America
- Activities with Orange County Library System
- Keepsake photos by Laser Photos Unlimited
- Sonny’s BBQ will be available for purchase
- Free coffee provided by Lineage Coffee Roasting (as supplies last)
- Living Color: The Art of the Florida Highwaymen
- American Journey: Two Centuries of American Art
- OMA Permanent Collections
*** PLEASE READ BEFORE YOUR VISIT ***
Parking in our lot is FREE but very limited and we are expecting a record number of guests. Additional parking can be found on Mills, at the surrounding arts organization’s parking lots, at the Orlando Science Center parking garage (for $5) or at the Florida Hospital parking garage. It’s free on the weekends but is a 10-minute walk to the museum. Plan accordingly!
Food and beverages are not permitted in the galleries, including water. You will be asked to throw it away, return it to your car, or leave your food/beverage at a table at the event to pick up on your way out.
- Look at the artwork, PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH
- Please keep a safe distance away from the artwork
- No writing utensils are permitted in the galleries
- Please walk, do not run
- Have a great time!
For more information, contact our Education Department at 407.896.4231 ext. 262 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS:
Dixon Ticonderoga Company
Orange County Government
Lineage Coffee Roasting