Part-time, periodic as determined by exhibition schedule
Classification under Wage and Hour Regulations:
Works with Preparator and Collections and Exhibitions Department staff to prepare galleries and artwork for temporary exhibitions. Works as needed dependent upon dates of scheduled exhibitions.
- Utilize American Association of Museum’s best practices for handling artwork.
- Attend in-house training sessions to learn best practices for handling artwork, which includes watching videos, reading written material and on the job hands-on training.
- Assist in all aspects of gallery preparation for changing exhibitions which includes painting walls and exhibition cases; installing temporary walls, preparing wall labels and undertaking light carpentry projects.
- Loading and unloading crates; packing and unpacking artwork.
- Moving artwork between galleries and vault storage; installing and de-installing artwork as directed by department staff.
- Make local pick-ups and deliveries of artwork.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
Academic and Business Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in an art-related field preferred, one year of work experience in an art museum or gallery.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
Must have extraordinary sensitivity to the correct handling of artwork. Competent with basic hand tools and painting. Must be independent, flexible, and professional.
Stand F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently))
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently))
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb N (Not Applicable)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)
10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The Orlando Museum of Art reserves the right to alter the positions requirements based upon business necessity. The OMA is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer) and Drug Free Workplace.
To apply, please send resume and qualifications to:
or mail to:
2416 N. Mills Ave.
Orlando, FL 32803