Now hiring: Education Assistant
Deadline to Submit:
July 25, 2018
Group health and access to a cafeteria plan after two months employment. Access to 401(k) after two months employment. Seven paid holidays per year. Paid time off accrued on a weekly basis, beginning from date of hire. Refer to Orlando Museum of Art Personnel Policies for details.
Curator of Education
Classification under Wage and Hour Regulations:
Coordinate the delivery of educational tours and implementation of learning programs for youth, family, and adult audiences, and schedule and train docents and volunteers who present these programs. As office coordinator, handle phone calls, process program registrations for diverse audiences, and maintain accurate records.
- Assist Associate Curator for Community Engagement with management and implementation of all gallery tours and learning programs and give gallery tours as necessary.
- Market, book, schedule, and confirm museum visits for all tours including contract and non-contract schools, college, adult, and community groups. Invoice these varied groups for their tours.
- Schedule docents for all youth, college, adult, family, group sales, and exhibition highlight tours, and plan gallery rotation assignments for docents. Assist with docent training.
- Perform administrative tasks such as greeting visitors, answering the phones, processing program registrations, maintaining attendance records, creating mailing lists, bulk mailings, etc. Compile information for billing, reports, and statistics on attendance for all programs.
- Assist with all programs as needed such as adult programs, camps, classes, teacher professional development workshops, and other in-house and outreach events. Be familiar with all permanent and temporary exhibitions, all school needs, family and adult programs.
- Coordinate daily tour activities with docents on tour strategies, training and coordination with tour captains on the daily tour preparation of galleries, collection of attendance forms, the maintenance and procurement of materials and supplies needed for school tours, and preparation of educational classrooms for tour groups.
- Perform all other duties as requested by the Curator of Education.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills.
- Outgoing, diplomatic, energetic, and flexible.
- Detail-oriented and possess ability to assimilate information quickly and convey this information correctly.
- Proficiency with technology, mobile devices, social media, basic computer and office skills; Microsoft Office. TAM Retail experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Professional attire and promptness required.
Academic and Business Requirements:
College degree preferred; previous museum, teaching, or business experience required.
Stand F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently))
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently))
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb N (Not Applicable)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)
10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The Orlando Museum of Art reserves the right to alter the positions requirements based upon business necessity.
EEO. Smoke and drug free workplace. Requires background check and drug test. Email resume, cover letter and salary requirements by July 25 to:
No phone calls