Visitor Information Specialist
The Orlando Museum of Art is currently seeking part-time applicants for its newly vacant Visitor Information Specialist’s position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls.
Visitor Information Specialist
Part-Time: 5 hours per week (some event and weekend help as needed)
Associate Development Officer - Annual Campaigns and Membership
Classification Under Wage and Hour Regulations:
Project a friendly and professional atmosphere through appearance and attitude by greeting all visitors, including staff and volunteers, with excellent customer service skills, be well versed in all aspects of the museum to help create an excellent visitor experience, coordinate general admission ticketing system, sell memberships, generate campaign donations, develop onsite membership prospects, perform donor database data entry, and answer emails and phone calls requesting general information about the Museum.
- Providing an exceptionally welcoming and high standard of visitor service to all visitors, staff and volunteers,
- Inform visitors about OMA and its current events by interfacing with all departments,
- Working to specified sales targets and Key Performance Indicators,
- Proactively secure new museum memberships every week, encourage existing members to renew and upgrade,
- Proactively secure campaign donations through talking with visitors and members during front desk transactions,
- Capture membership prospect information,
- Perform data entry in Raiser’s Edge donor program, which includes processing memberships, campaign dues and membership prospects. Entries must be accurate and consistent.
- Promptly answer all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and field questions to proper department when necessary.
- All emails should be answered within 24 hours.
- Ensuring that the Museum’s financial and cash handling procedures are strictly adhered to in relation to audit and security requirements.
- Actively participates in the Guest Service Recovery process.
- Maintain working knowledge of TAM and be able to troubleshoot database issues. Register and process payments through TAM for various Museum programs and events.
- Maintain security by signing in and providing badges for all guests and contracted services personnel; maintain access to the cloak closet for packages, cameras, bags, umbrellas and other objects not permitted in the galleries; augment the security force by staying alert for security and safety problem.
- Helping at events, exhibition openings, art fairs and other events as necessary.
- Keep Information Desk and surrounding areas, including cloak closet, neat and orderly at all times.
- Keep information racks filled with appropriate OMA brochures and program information.
- Perform clerical duties, including typing, collating, mailing and other tasks suitable for the reception area, as required.
- Assist the Associate Development Officer – Special Events and External Affairs with administration duties including but not limited to the management of the volunteer sign-in sheet, data entry of volunteer prospects and hours.
- Other duties as required.
Academic and Business Requirements:
High school diploma. Previous receptionist, cashier and sales experience desired.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
Strong on-site sales ability. Ability to project a pleasant, enthusiastic and thoughtful attitude while dealing with people, both in person and on the phone. Ability to multi-task. Ability to quickly assimilate and correctly convey information. Ability to relate well with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds. Basic math and clerical skills, including filling, collating and mailing. Accurate spelling and grammar skills desired.
- Displays initiative as a self-starter.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Conscientious and maintains a positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and efficient.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
Stand F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently))
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently))
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb N (Not Applicable)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)
10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The Orlando Museum of Art reserves the right to alter the positions requirements based upon business necessity. The OMA is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer) and Drug Free Workplace.