Friends of American Art
Founded in 1993, the purpose of Friends of American Art (FAA) is to provide a program for members of the Orlando Museum of Art (OM°A) to fund the purchase of traditional American art for the museum's permanent collection.
The connoisseurship and generosity of FAA will enable OM°A to purchase exceptional art when it becomes available. The increasing size, diversity and excellence of the permanent collection will be an enduring tribute to the individuals who ensure the success of this program through their participation.
Art considered for purchase by FAA will be pre-selected and approved by the curatorial staff and approved by the Collections & Exhibitions Committee of the Board of Trustees.
Individuals or couples can participate in FAA at six levels – Peale, Sargent, Moran, Benton, Hassam, O’Keeffe or two young professional levels, Wyeth and Pollock. Members will be notified annually of their membership status.
Members contribute $100,000 over a five-year period, $20,000 annually, and enjoy all the benefits of the lower levels as well as:
- Permanent recognition at the Benefactor level on OM°A's marble Donor Wall
Members contribute $25,000 over a five-year period, $5,000 annually, and enjoy all the benefits of the lower levels as well as:
- Permanent recognition at the Patron level on OM°A's marble Donor Wall
Members contribute $5,000 payable over two years and enjoy all the benefits of the lower levels as well as:
- Consultation with the OM°A Curator concerning members’ private collections
Members contribute $1,000, payable annually
Members contribute $500, payable annually
Members who are individuals (single/unmarried) contribute $400, payable annually
Couple through the age of 45 who contribute $350, payable annually
Members who are individuals (single/unmarried) through the age of 45, contribute $250, payable annually
ALL MEMBERS ENJOY THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Voting privileges for the selection of art to be purchased by FAA
- Invitations to receptions to view art being considered for purchase by FAA
- Invitations to FAA receptions to celebrate new purchases
- Invitations to FAA member and prospective member events
- Trips to major national art sales and art exhibitions
- Exclusive tours of private art collections
- Optional participation in FAA trips
- Recognition as an FAA member, displayed in OM°A
Please note that an OM°A general membership is a prerequisite for joining FAA at payments up to $500. Complimentary Individual or Dual/Family OM°A Membership with payments beginning at $1,000.
Are you interested in becoming a FAA member?
For more information about FAA, please call Christina Stuehrenberg at 407.896.4231 ext. 257 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.